Friday, October 3, 2008

If you had a clothing line what would it be like? Who would you design for?

Nobody wants a Stick!

If I were to design a clothing line, it would be amazing. I have curves, and because of that it's my inspiration for design. I am not sure when the fashion industry confused curvy with plus size, but I don’t appreciate it. When I say curvy, I am not speaking of larger women, I am referring to women with: hourglass figures, most having average to large breasts, and women with wider hips than the average, and having a larger than average butt. My line would cater to curvy women, and clothes shaping well with their bodies.

My line would consist of very feminine garments. I would use lots of silks and airy fabrics, but also have structured garments than flatter the silhouette of a curvy woman. I would use a lot of high-waisted belts, and pleats than accentuate the waist. My Structured garments would mostly me high wasted skirts and pants that would: accentuate the waist, and flatter the booty. A lot of my shirts would be three quarter sleeves because I don’t like short sleeves or sleeveless shirts, and some would have synching along the sides giving the illusion of curve to women with big boobs, but not necessarily an hourglass figure.



Some examples of the body type I would target are:
(in no particular order)

1. Kim Kardashian(openentrance.com)
2. Beyonce Knowles(images.google.com)
3. Toccara
(z.about.com)
4. Shakira
(smh.com)
5. Jennifer Lopez

(j-lofan.com)

4 comments:

crcallow said...

This is great and I completely agree. I don’t know why designers have models with 0% body fat and their ribs sticking out when only 2% of the world’s population actually looks like that and its most likely because they have issues. And if you aren’t in that 2% it doesn't mean that you have to strive for that either. You can be gorgeous and not have to be a size 0, 2, or even 4. BTW, I look up to you for how much confidence you have!

Elizabeth Gwyn said...

You are absolutely right girl! :) I loved reading your blog because it gives me ideas into what kind or style of clothing to consider in the future if I were to design. I'm happy that the skinny models doesn't get you down because no one is really thaaaaat skinny, right haha. I would like your designs if you were to design! :)

mrlambet said...

Jacqui, your concept for what you would make a clothing line represent is absolutely great! It's nice to hear someone with such direction and a passion for the fasion industry. I agree about the fashion industry and how they have created this "picture perfect", yet unobtainable image of what every woman should look like! You go Jacqui!' you're exactly what the fashion industry needs!:)

Professor Sanghvi said...

so are you looking at designing clothing for african american and hispanic women? coz face it, there are not very many curvy white women. usually, if they are curvy, they are a plus size. ofcourse its not always the case and the hispanic community and the black community will tell you otherwise.

but your clothing line seems to have more potential for a non-white audience. is that your target?